2018 Imran Mir Art Prize
The Imran Mir Art Prize seeks to recognize emerging art practitioners in Pakistan, who demonstrate extraordinary promise and talent. For the third cycle, the Foundation is collaborating with the Lahore Biennale Foundation. The award is open to all artists under the age of 30, who are currently based in Pakistan. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and a formal degree in art is not essential. The award will be based on a juried assessment of recent existing work and will be awarded during the inaugural weekend of the 1st Lahore Biennale.
If you have any questions about the art prize feel free to contact: email@example.com
Submissions to the Imran Mir Art Prize are now closed
Award Jury and Curatorial Team
- Iftikhar Dadi, Associate Professor of History of Art, Cornell University | Artist (with Elizabeth Dadi)
- Hammad Nasar, Independent curator | Senior Research Fellow, Paul Mellon Centre (Yale University) | Senior Research Fellow, University of the Arts London
- Deborah Robinson, Head of Exhibitions, The New Art Gallery Walsall (UK)
- Curatorial Advisor: Aziz Sohail, Independent Writer and Curator
- The recipient of the 2018 Imran Mir Art Prize will receive 100,000 PKR presented to them at the Lahore Biennale
- One night stay and travel to Lahore from any location in Pakistan to attend the award ceremony
- An opportunity for a year long dialogue with the Curatorial Advisor to develop a new body of work for an exhibition.
All artists under the age of 30 and currently residing in Pakistan are eligible to apply for the prize. Please note that awardee must be available to travel to Lahore during the inaugural weekend of the 1st Lahore Biennale (17 - 19 March 2018) for the award ceremony.